The users of the Brother printer might have faced this issue where the brother printer offline message pop-up on the screen. Sometimes when this error occurs it is time when you are trying to print important documents from the computer, but your printer says it’s “Offline”. If this is the problem that you are facing then you need not panic as it might be because there are any issues with the Windows 10 update or wireless connection problem with the router. Through this guide, we will get to learn the basic steps to fix the issue when Brother Printer is Offline. So, let’s get started!
Why is my brother printer offline?
If you are using Windows 10 OS and you have seen after every single update on Windows 10, the Brother Printer Keeps going offline. On the contrary, you should understand that Windows 10 update or driver update is not the only or sole reason to bring the printer to the offline state. The major or the key factor behind the brother printer showing you the offline message on Windows 10 is the network connection problem and many users do reset Brother Printer offline problem.
Change the status of a Brother printer from offline to online
So you need to check the Brother Printer connectivity, for this, you have to follow the steps that are elaborated in this section. But before we discuss the steps you need to understand that the Brother printer can show you the Offline message when it is not connected to a network without interruptions. So, basically, you need to check the wifi connection, and here are the steps that you need to follow:
- The first step is to restart the printer and then wait for 1-2 mins till the printer is completely ready.
- Now, check the printer connection, be it wireless or USB.
- If you are using the USB cable connection, then you need to make sure that they are plugged in properly on your computer along with the printer.
- If you are using a wireless or wifi connection, you need to make sure that you are connected to the right network.
- A wireless light on the printer will be in a solid state if you are connected.
- Just run the test print.
- Follow the on-screen prompts if any information or details is asked.
Brother printer connected to wifi but offline
If your Brother printer is connected properly but it still says it’s offline, then the issue might have something to do with the Brother Printer status. Remember, the selected printer might not be set as a default printer or it might be offline or paused in actuality from Windows 10 printer properties. Just follow these simple steps to fix the issues if your brother printer says offline even after being connected to wifi:
- To begin with, you have to open the “Printer & Device” windows from the “Control Panel” tab.
- Select the Brother printer and right tap on it to open the “See what’s printing” tab.
- Again, you have to right-click on the selected printer and then you click on the “Set as default printer” option.
- Under the “Set as the default printer,” you can see the Printer status that is offline or paused.
- If the Brother printer is paused then you need to click on the “Resume Printing’.
- In the end, you have to run a test print.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process for wireless connection.
Brother Printer Offline Fix on Windows 10
There are some of the methods that you can try to solve your Brother printer offline problem:
- You need to verify the Brother printer turned on and then there are no errors on the screen.
- Just make sure that the Brother printer is connected to the computer without any interruptions in the network.
- Ensure that your Brother is set as a default printer in Windows 10 settings.
- Just delete all the print jobs from the printer properties option.
- Remember, if you see a copy of your Brother printer’s icon then delete the device from the computer.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
With the end of this topic, we hope that you have a clear picture of how to fix the printer offline error. However, if there is any query left unanswered then you are requested to visit the official website and get assistance from the professional experts available online. You can also fetch some information related to the issue when the Brother Printer Not Printing error.