Epson printers are known for their outstanding performance and quality prints. All printers and drivers have their pros and cons. So, sometimes you have to face issues in them due to technical and mechanical reasons. Error code 0x97 is such a type of issue that you may have to face all of sudden. To tackle such type errors you should be aware of it and you should also know the method to fix the Epson error code 0x97.
So, if you are facing such type of error with your Epson Printer then stay with us as we are going to talk about what is Epson error code 0x97 and What you can do to fix it on your own.
What does Epson error code 0x97 mean?
This is an error that comes when you try to encounter any type of internal hardware issue with your printer. It can occur because of motherboard malfunction or other kind internal component malfunction. If you are experiencing error code 0x97 then you may not be able to use your Epson Printer. So, try to find a method to fix this issue to enable the functioning of your Epson Printer.
This error can be seen on your printer’s LED screen and it happens when you are printing or forcing the printer to shut down unexpectedly. This error code mostly occurs on Epson Workforce WF-3640 printer, Epson wf-7620 printer, Epson WF 3620 printer, or Epson wf-4630 models in the Epson Printers series. Till now, we have understood that what is Epson error code 0x97 and why it occurs. Now, let’s head to discuss the method to fix the error code 0x97.
Methods to fix Epson Error Code 0x97
We have divided the complete procedure into few simple steps to fix the Epson printer not printing or Epson printer offline issue. You have to follow all the steps to fix the error 0x97.
Method 1: Disconnect everything from the printer
- First, cancel all print tasks and check for paper jams, if any
- Now, disconnect all the cables that are connected with the printer like USB cords, cable wires, ink cartridges, and power cords
- Then, long-press the printer’s Power button (approximately 1 minute)
- Now, plug back everything that you have disconnected and connect it back
- To turn on your printer press the Power button and take a test print
If still, you are facing the issue then navigate onto the 2nd method to fix this Epson printer error code
0x97 fix patches.
Method 2: Try resetting your printer
This method is virtually similar to the first method.
- Disconnect all the cables and wires connected with your Epson Printer
- Now, let your printer take a rest for 5 minutes
- Then, press and hold the Power button to turn it off
- Now, re-connect all the cables and wires and try restarting your printer
- Then, long-press the Power button and conduct a test print to check whether the issue has been fixed or not
If it is showing the same error yet; then, head to the next method.
Method 3: Try to install or update your printer’s driver
This may be a reason behind your Epson Printer error code 0x97. So, you can go through checking that you are using the latest driver for your printer or not. If not then navigate to the official website to update a printer driver immediately. It can also protect your printer from malware so keep your driver up-to-date.
In short, the Epson error code 0x97 is a type of warning error that occurs while printing or forcing the printer to shut down unexpectedly. You may not be able to use the printing services until you fix it permanently. In this article, we have concluded the cause and the method to fix Epson error code 0x97.