A Lexmark printer can also experience several printing problems, similar to other printers. If you have an issue with your Lexmark Printer, you won’t be able to print. There could be several factors after the Lexmark Printer printing problems such as connectivity issue, printer driver settings, outdated or corrupted printer drivers issue, print jobs are stuck in the queue, and paper jammed issue.
However, these factors can be resolved by the Lexmark Printer troubleshooting and diagnostics process. The complete troubleshooting process is explained by us in this post. The ways to fix the Lexmark Printer problems are quite easy and simple. Let’s move forward to discuss the quick solutions for the Lexmark Printers printing problems.
General Instructions for troubleshooting Lexmark Printer problems
- Check that the Lexmark Printer is turned on and the power light is blinking on it
- Confirm that all the cables that are connected with your printer are tightened properly
- Look whether the connection between your printer and computer is established or not
- Try to restart your Lexmark Printer
- Remove the power cord and check whether any paper is jammed in the machine and toner is installed properly or not
- Check that paper is loaded in the main tray or not
- Hard reset your Lexmark Printer then set up it again
Steps for Lexmark wireless printer troubleshooting printhead
Cleaning the printhead contacts can resolve the printhead error on your Lexmark Printer. You can troubleshoot and diagnose your Lexmark Printer by following the steps below.
- Visit the ‘Menu’ section on your Lexmark Printer and select the ‘Replace Printhead’ option
- Using the Lexmark Printer, you should now lift the latch and open it
- Next, remove the printer carriage from the printhead
- Make sure that the printhead contacts are cleaned carefully now
- Then, using a lint-free cloth, wipe the printhead contacts
- Reinstall the removed printhead to its original location carefully
- Check whether the printhead error has been fixed by closing the cover and printing
- After you have completed the steps for Lexmark wireless printer troubleshooting printhead, you are ready to move forward.
Way to fix Lexmark Printer won’t connect to Then, using a lint-free cloth, wipe the printhead contacts WiFi Issue
If you are unable to connect your Lexmark Printer to your router’s network then you need to approach the steps that are given below to connect your printer to your Use the WPS button on your router to connect to your router.
- Visit the control panel of your Lexmark Wireless Printer
- Now, find and select the ‘WiFi’ icon on it
- Then, you will find the ‘Networks’ option, tap on it
- In this section, find the address of your router and tap on it
- Now, approach your router to find and long-pres the WPS button on it
- After pressing the WPS button on your router, wait for a while and let your printer establish connection with your router’s network
- Now, you will realize that green/blue light has started blinking on your Lexmark Printer
- Finally, you have completed the steps to establish the connection between your Lexmark Printer and router
Method to install the latest version of printer drivers
An outdated or corrupted version of printer drivers may create the Lexmark Printer offline issue on your printer. So, you need to keep your printer drivers up to date to avoid the Lexmark Printer won’t print issue on it. To install the latest version of Lexmark Printer drivers you need to follow the steps that are given below.
- Using a browser of your computer, visit the Lexmark Printer Support Page
- Now, type the model name of your printer in the corresponding field
- Then, tap on the ‘Find Drivers and Downloads’ button
- When you find the latest version file of printer drivers, tap on the ‘Download’ button
- Now, wait for a while and let the file be downloaded on your computer
- Then, find the file by visiting the ‘Downloads’ folder on your computer and select the ‘Run as Administrator’ option
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts to install the printer drivers on your computer
- Finally, you have completed the steps for the Lexmark Printer troubleshooting and diagnostics process
See Also, How to Fix Epson Error Code 0x97?
To sum up, whenever you find an error or issue on your Lexmark Printer you do not need to be panic about it as the solutions are easy and quick to fix the issues with your printer. There are some general instructions that will help you to fix the common errors like no paper issue, cartridges empty issue, loosened cable issues, and no power issue on your Lexmark Printer. We have also illustrated solutions for specific printer problems like printhead issues, WiFi network issues, and outdated or corrupted printer drivers issues in this post. We hope that you have learned about the Lexmark Printer troubleshooting and diagnostics process by referring to this post.